Friday, August 15, 2008

Ross Lovegrove: The power and beauty of organic design

After watching that video I cant get past how huge an ego that man has although not much can be said about it because he has designed and worked on some very beautifully and interesting designs. About his opinion about more organic design in the future I cant help but to wonder if that is truly the path the industry is taking. I do believe that design may become more environmentally aware and may use organic matter as inspiration but I cant agree on everything that lovegrove proposes. A lot of his designs seem to be more art than product and this may suit him just fine but looking into the future, the function and practicality of the product must be in a balance with the ascetics and sustainability of the design. I think the main take-home message I get from this video is that belief in ones ideas are essential to design success, however the ability to take onboard other ideas and opinions are just as important.

No comments: